nod 3 2.5 prices and ram consumption

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by tony64, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tony64

tony64 Registered Member

Hi all,
    sorry guys but I could not participate to the beta testing. I'm coming out with some questions which may have been answered to already. If this is the case sorry about that.

1) What is the new Nod 32 memory consumption vs the current one ?

2) Since I have already protected myself with highly efficient anti-spyware softwares, fully dedicated to this threat and since there is no one "global anti spyware solution" but one needs many different filters to sieve them all, what will the new Nod bring to me from that standpoint ?

3) Since the current version has been highly efficient to stop heuristic threats and other trojans, what will the new version bring more form that standpoint ? I read dedicated threat but it is not clear. Marketing flashy words but nothing I can understand clearly

4) Pricing. I am a registered user since 6 months. Should I have to pay for the upgrade ? (sorry but I did not understood from previous threads what would happen to current subscribers)

5) I chose NOD vs other AV mainly because it was simple light and efficient.
    Is the new version more a marketing tool proposing a full-package ?

I am a real sustainer of NOD and the job ESET does. One could thus reply easily "why do you care ? Keep yours and stop complaining..?" but this not a complaint

I just want to understand more about the product, and some of you guys may bring me some light...

Thanks in advance for having been patient until the end of this thread :D

Cheers

Last edited: May 4, 2005
  2. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

I'll try to answer...
    1. 2MB more
    2. not much yet, but if you keep sending them samples, a few months more and....
    3. heuristics have been slightly improved AFAIK
    4. Nope... license cost covers the username/password that'll help you upgrade program version and database version
    5. Nah. just the same old NOD with slightly better performance and what I told you above

remember.. I've trialled it before, so i speak from experience :D

3. tony64

tony64 Registered Member

:D :D that is what I want to hear !!!!!!

Thanks
    T
    T.

4. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

Some minor comments:

3. The Advanced Heuristics module in NOD32 was updated on the 3rd of March (before the beta), so it is not new with this beta. But, on the other hand, they've now included generic detection of the most common threat families (and this is new for the beta).

5. tony64

tony64 Registered Member

tks Kjempen !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.