No0b wants to remove CWS_NS3

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by crane, Aug 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crane

crane Registered Member

*puppy* Ok, i'm gonna try this. I have CWS_NS3, trojan. I have WinME. I've ran spysweep, adaware, Pestpatrol, highackthis, CWSShredder, and in safemode, out of safemode, on and on. Then i found spywareblaster, so here i am. Not being a Forum user, i'm pretty lost here. So, i hope if anybody has any ideas on how to deal with this i'll see some kind of reply here. I could post all the logs and running processes, if needed. Thanks again. This is my first REAL post in this forum.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi again crane. ;)

As i stated in your thread over here,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=43323

if u follow the link i posted, we no longer have Hijack cleaning services.

As in my opinion, the only way to clean CWS_NS3 is to post a log and get expert help, that link supplies many good sites for that purpose.

snowbound

3. not_a_geek

not_a_geek Guest

HEY ALL!!!
    After about 6 hours of working on that absolutely insane CWS_NS3 problem, I think I've figured out how to get rid of that bug. My computer got back to normal after I deleted all the three-letter subfolders in the Uninstall folder.
    You do this routine:
    First turn off your System Restore.
    Go to: Run_regedit_ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_Sofware_Microsoft_Windows__Current Version_Uninstall

In the Uninstall folder look for 3 letter subfolders (Example: IPT, FNT etc. Just look for the 3 letter subfolders) They are going to be THE ONLY 3 letter subfolders there. Delete them all.

Restart your computer. Run Ad-Aware, or some other Ad-killing software and delete all the remaining traces of viruses. Turn your System Restore back on... You're done.

E-mail me if it worked: ***worship777@juno.com

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.