No Video on Daughter's Laptop!

Discussion in 'hardware' started by Cruise, Jul 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

i was replaying to zapjb PM it was pretty confusing anyways good is you get your data back

macbook is great option if you like mac OSX

also if you looking less costly you could go with tablet or laptop with DOS and install linux on it

repairing motherboard is also keep in mind please check repair cost ....etc if its 100$-200$ if you have good machine than replacing motherboard is option else it dont worth it:)

i replaced my brother lenovo laptop motherboard at 200$ its costly buy he loves his laptop so i guess it worth it in my country i cannot get a good laptop at that cost (100-200$)so i go for repair ;)

laptop cost was around 1400$-1500$ at time i bought it :D

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I strongly agree on both points - Asus and Lenovo do make excellent quality laptops, and I think Windows is miles ahead of OS X :thumb:

3. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

Hey guys, I didn't say (or mean to imply) that a MacBook is superior to any PC laptop, I just reported my daughter sentiment. Her Dell Inpsiron (her very first laptop) has been a less than stellar performer since she bought it (2007), during which time she has experienced many Windows Vista problems!

My daughter is a school teacher, whom I consider representative of the average user, definitely not technically inclined. I believe her inclination toward getting a MacBook is based on her belief that Macs are more user-friendly and more reliable than PCs (and invulnerable to malware infections) ...she probably got brain-washed by her teaching peers at school. ;)

The way I see it, it's her money and her decision.

Cruise

4. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Most Vista problems can be fixed by installing service packs 1 and 2. Then it runs nearly as well as Windows 7.

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Macs are great. Good idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.