no usb support

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jeep00, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeep00

jeep00 Registered Member

i have backed up my computer to an external usb hard drive. the recovery boot cd boots ok but on choosing the option to boot with usb supprt the computer will not recognise the usb consequently im unable to acess my back up on the external usb hard drive. Any ideas ? my version is 9.0 acronis true image

2. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Hello jeep00,

If your external is not seen from rescue environment, try the following workarounds in connection with booting into rescue environment:

- apply the "quiet acpi=off noapic" parameter as detailed in the Please Read Before You Post sticky;
    - disconnect every unneeded USB device;
    - don't use an USB hub, plug the external direcly, possibly to a rear panel port;
    - connect and power up the external drive before booting from Rescue CD;
    - wait for a minute on the selection screen to give time to the external to initialize;
    - boot into the Safe version of TI instead of the Full.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jeep00,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I am sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, please make sure the the Bootable CD is created with the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. You can find the build number in the Help -> About dialog (it should be a 3 or 4 digit number). To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the suggestions provided by bVolk about booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter and others did not help please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. Also provide us with the exact model and vendor of the external USB drive you use. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.