No update necessary v.3.0.566.0

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by cerBer, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cerBer

cerBer Registered Member

2. Weyrman

Weyrman Registered Member

I had this happen when first installing the program.I just ignored it and told it to upgrade, which it did, to the latest version. Other than that, its updated correctly ever since. :D

3. toasale

toasale Registered Member

DITTO :D

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

While I do understand what point you are trying to make, I will ask at what point in time did you take that screen shot :cautious:

Many minutes after the update was thru or within seconds of doing the update ?

Bubba

5. reddice

reddice Registered Member

What I don't understand is how you can use that ugly XP luna look. Makes me want to puke everytime I see it. XP is stable but ugly as sin except for classic mode. Vista is stable and very pretty. Vista all the way.

Anyway it is saying that there is no updates. It will automatically update itself in the background and tell you next to your taskbar when it is updated.

6. cerBer

cerBer Registered Member

About 5 minutes after first update attempt, but not Eset fault, there was some network problem at that time. Who needs that?

Still, fact that there is a logical error in the program, was in version 2 and still remains. Small error which will normally never show, but as any error, when it does, it will be the worst time and place.

The point? It was repeated so many times in the past, I even got a warning to stop mentioning it, because it was enough for everybody to understand. How could I not mention it again?:D
    Hope it is not in spite, say if that importunate guy wants it fixed so badly, we will never do it!:D o_O

But if seriously, it is all about the first impression. It would hardly affect anyone who knows what is NOD32. But trial version is for somebody who does not. And small things like this(along with basic user interface, which seems much improved now) are very easy to notice, much easier than some real advantages over other AV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.