No Uninstall in Control Panel

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by samdring, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samdring

samdring Registered Member

Ordered TI9 from Amazon and whilst waiting for delivery downloaded and used successfully, the trial version.

Bumbling merrily ahead loaded CD version today which still acted as trial.

Bumbling further ahead, uninstalled through Control Panel and am left with no entry in Control Panel but trial version still working

Summary - I cannot delete the trial and CD will not install over the trial

2. samdring

3rd attempt at loading with CD then uninstalling managed to 'lose' both new installation and the trial version.

What a palaver!

3. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

It's not hard to clean an install out of the registry, but I'll leave it to Acronis to post those details.

If you do not get timely directions from Acronis, you could try the following.

My recollection, perhaps incorrect was that the trial version had to be uninstalled before installing the real version.

One thing to try is to delete the Acrtonis Program Files Directory and the Acronis directory under Application Data for, I ASSuME, All Users.

THe see if there are any entries left in Add/Remove Programs.
    When you try removing, you would getan error because the files are gone, but you should get a message asking if yo still want to remove the entry Answer Yes.

THen REBOOT.

And then install the real TI.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello samdring,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you have the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please do the following to uninstall Acronis True Image trial version manually:

* Delete Acronis Secure Zone either through the wizard or manually
    * Delete snapman from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -> UpperFilters
    * Delete snapman and timounter from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters
    * Run Device Manager and delete Acronis Image Archive Explorer
    * Delete snapman, timounter and tifsfilter from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
    * Delete TrueImage from the following registry keys:
    o HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Acronis\Autopart (can be absent)
    o HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Acronis\CDRecord
    o HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Acronis\Schedule2
    o HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Acronis\SnapAPI
    o HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Acronis\Snapman
    o HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Acronis\VBus
    * Delete \Windows\System32\autoprnt.exe if it exists
    * Delete the following folders:
    o \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\CDRecord
    o \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Drivers
    * Download http://www.acronis.com/files/support/schedmgr.exe, open the command prompt and run the following command in the folder you saved the file to: schedmgr service uninstall
    * Open Task Manager and stop the following processes: schedhlp.exe, TrueImageMonitor.exe
    * Delete the \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2
    * Delete the desktop icon and Start menu shortcuts
    * Delete \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis folder
    * Delete \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage folder
    * Delete \Program Files\Acronis folder
    * Delete TrueImage Monitor from the following HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    * Delete the following keys in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT:
    o .tib
    o .tis
    o tibfile
    o tisfile
    * Delete the following registry keys:
    o HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrueImage
    o HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Acronis (you may need to grant full control permission to yourself to delete this key)
    o HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Acronis
    * Reboot the computer.
    * Install the full version of the software.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

5. samdring

Thanks Howard for your timely response. I am gobsmacked at the (also) timely response from support but your quote "It's not hard..." must put you in line for the Master of Understatement award;)

As it happened, a few attempts at loading from CD (which, of course, gave me an uninstall in Control Panel) - uninstalling, loading, uninstalling EVENTUALLY took with it both real TI9 and the trial version and allowed me to load again.

Seems to be working - thanks

6. Howard Kaikow

That's the second time, in recent daze, I've seen "gob smacked" or "gobsmacked". I have no idea what that means.

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Well known (to us Brits at least!!) slang for "flabbergasted" or "amazed". If you require any more lessons on "English" English terminology just let me know :D.

8. Howard Kaikow

I was raised on the English of Kings and Queens (counties in New York).

9. samdring

..and I amongst the hinglish ardwoods; the Hoak, the Hash and the Helm what's used for making piles in piers and when I say piles in piers I do not mean eameroids in the harsholes of the harristocracy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.