No trial of BoClean?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by notageek, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notageek

notageek Registered Member

There's not trial version of BOclean?

2. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

No, but a money back guarentee, no questions asked, and there aren't any yearly fees, so you pay for the product and get free updates, and the oppurtunity to return it at any time and get your money back.

Alphalutra1

3. notageek

Cool, thanks.

4. Grumble

Grumble Registered Member

Plus, you can use it on multiple computers within your household (up to four I think) as a home user for the one license fee. Pretty cool! It took me awhile to catch onto BOClean, despite all the good comments I'd read - but once I did, I like it!

5. notageek

Would I need it if I use KAV and get ewido on demand?

6. Grumble

Grumble Registered Member

Only you can determine what you need. In the case you mention, I doubt it is necessary. I like having it running as an extra layer of protection.

7. q1aqza

q1aqza Registered Member

I use KAV and Ewido on demand and have BOClean. With KAV in real time BOClean has never had to to anything for me. The only time I have seen it do anything is if I am purposely testing something and disable KAV first. Otherwise it sits there running nice and light just waiting for the moment for KAV to slip up :D

I bought it as a second line of defence and was attracted by it's one-off fee (no subscription) and the multi use licence at home. If it had the same subscription and single-user type licence as the other major players, Ewido, Asquared etc. then I wouldn't have bothered.

Also, to avoid upsetting any NOD32 users, I have NOD32 running on one of my other home PCs and likewise BOClean has not needed to do anything as NOD has always kicked in first ;)

So in summary if you have a top notch AV I don't think you do need BOClean but if you have some spare cash the cost, especially if you put it on a few home PCs, is so small for for that added layer of protection

8. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I ordered and tried BOClean and it did not run very well on my laptop, I expercienced really high cpu spikes, so I decided to uninstall the product and request a refund. As per Digital River, I submitted the reqiured Letter of Destruction, refund was processed, then it took 6 or 7 business days before the credit appeared on my credit card account.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2006
  9. Cerxes

Cerxes Registered Member

Are you sure it was BOClean who was the source to the problem? There seems to be a conflict with an other software on your laptop. I´ve tested several security software in combination with BOClean and never experienced any sort of high, unormal CPU spikes. Only when BOClean updates, and then runs a memory check I´ve noticed a smaller CPU spike, which is normal. :)

Regards, C.

10. marcromero

marcromero Guest

Cerxes, the only other software I was running at the time was F-prot AV. I contacted Kevin, and as far as he knew there was no issue with F-prot and BOClean. These were the only two programs running real time. After I uninstalled BOClean, cpu spikes discontinued and my system was back to normal. BOClean did not work for me, I thought it was a great program and wish I could have kept it, now I have KAV 5.0 instead.

11. marcromero

marcromero Guest

As of today, I have removed KAV 5.0.527 and re-installed F-prot antivirus, I just really like F-prot antivirus.

12. Cerxes

Cerxes Registered Member

You make me very sad, you have removed two of my babies... ;) :D

Regards, C.

13. notageek

I still a haven't gotten BOClean. I thought maybe KAV might do the trick and it is. Thanks to everyone who replied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.