no tray icon help!!!

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by greg99, Nov 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greg99

greg99 Guest

I installed PG 3.05 and after a reboot everything worked okay. I then right clicked on the PG icon in the system tray and selected exit (accident). The PG icon closed and every reboot since the PG icon does not show in the ICOn tray and I therefore cannot disable, put in learning mode or open the menu. I am stuck. PG is running but I cannot access it and I can not even close it so I can reinstall.

2. greg99

greg99 Guest

Update

I rebooted in safe mode and uninstalled PG 3.05.
    I rebooted in normal mode and reinstalled PG 3.05 and followed the upgrade procedure posted here in the forum.
    I rebooted and now I get the warning that pgaccount.exe is not running.

What do I do to get this to run. I rebooted several times and get the same message. I had process guard 3.0.0 running with no problems for a few months.

3. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

Procguard.exe only runs in Admin accounts, but if you are in a USER account you should still get execution prompts ?

4. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Also, do you have a program such as AdAware with Ad-Watch which might be blocking PG's attempt to put its RUN registry in for start up?

5. greg99

greg99 Guest

I ran the same setup for a few months with no problems. It all started after I installed the new 3.05 and rebooted. Everthing was still okay after reboot I then accidently right clicked on the tray icon and selected exit. After that the tray icon was gone and did not come back after reboot. When I tried to open the desktop icon I got blocked by PG. I have only one user account so I was in as admin.

The only way around this was to reboot in safe mode, uninstall, reboot normal mode and install 3.05 again. Now everything is okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.