No tags in Microsoft Outlook Express

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Stijnson, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

I have found a lot of posts about this topic already, but I still can't seem to get it to work.
    I'm using v2.7 with Outlook Express 6 and I have set the EMON module to add tags to all incoming and outgoing mail, but it simply doesn't work. I know that IMON also checks incoming mail, but I just can't figure out why the tags aren't added in OE. Thoughts anyone?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

Please , reinstall your version of NOD32 v2.7

1. Download fresh new Eset NOD32 v2 from http://www.eset.com/download/registered_software.php
    2. Uninstall your current version from Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs
    3. Reboot the computer when prompted
    4. Delete manually:
    - C:\Program files\Eset

5. Reinstall NOD32 using the file you just downloaded . Use typical install.

6. After reboot , update the product

Now try again with your default settings

3. Stijnson

Might another solution also be just rebooting after altering the e-mail scan settings in NOD32? My default settings were 'only tag infected mail'. I changed that to 'tag all mail' and then started OE again? This didn't work, but perhaps a reboot is needed to kick the changes into effect?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Of course , you can try this but if it doesn't help , just do what I suggested :thumb:

5. Stijnson

I will try that as an ultimate solution. Btw, I'm using the Dutch version of 2.70.32 (as I understand it the update to 2.70.39 was rather a 'graphical' one).
    Just two additional questions:

-I assume by this you mean updating the definitions?

-Although NOD32 doesn't add the tags at the moment I still can depend on it scanning all incoming and outgoing mail?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Not exactly .

Yes , this is what I mean .

Yes :thumb:

7. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

Source; http://www.eset.com/support/news.php

May 18, 2007

NOD32 for Microsoft Windows has been updated to v2.70.39. This release fixes a stack overflow vulnerability which could allow arbitrary code execution.

May 9, 2007

NOD32 for Microsoft Windows has been updated to v2.70.37. This release contains the following changes:

• Fix for stack overflow vulnerability which could allow arbitrary code execution.
    • Added new command line option "/ALL-". When NOD32's command line scanner is run with the /ALL- switch, it will scan files based on their extensions, as opposed to scanning all files on the target.

8. duijv023

duijv023 Registered Member

I might be wrong, but I thought in OE, IMON is responsible for tagging.
    I'm no expert, but EMON is an MS outlook plugin only at least.... that's what i thought...

Greetings from a rainy Holland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.