no switch between full and increment backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nfs_champ, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nfs_champ

nfs_champ Registered Member

hello

i have made a task backing up my personal files. therefore i use incremental backup and full backup after 10 incremental backups. but the switching does not work.
    i have a full backup and since 22 days i have incremental backups. but where are my full backups i told ati10 to do?

2. nfs_champ

nobody an idea what is wrong withe the switching between full and increment backup?

3. nfs_champ

hello?

4. cnpeyton

cnpeyton Registered Member

I am seeing the same problem. I have mine setup to do a full then 13 differential backups. After the 13th, it should do a full. Most of the time it keeps gong on the differentials, i think at one point i was up to 22. It did work one time, but currently is not. I am still playing around with the configurations, but IMO it doesn't seem to work correctly.

Chris

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello nfs_champ and cnpeyton,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the issue persists with the latest build, please clarify the rules for the backup locations you have created (maximum storage space, maximum number of backups, maximum storage period for the archives).

Please also create a screen shot of the Backup Policies windows (where you select to create full backups with specified number of incremental/differential backups).

In addition, collect the log file from Acronis True Image 10.0 Home that contains the results of the operation when the new full backup should have been created. In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.