No support for ICHR 8/9 Raid controllers

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mekhed, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mekhed

Mekhed Registered Member

Why does TI 11 not support ICHR 8/9 Raid controllers but does support nVidia raid controllers? Been pulling my hair out trying to get it to work. It will make a backup from Windows of the XP partition installed on Intel raid0 to an external drive but can't find the drive to copy recovery partition to. It finds the external drive only. Product is useless on Intel boards. It works great on my nF4 raid0 installation. If you have a raid controller on your board, why wouldn't you install windows on a raid array? Product is incomplete.

Glad I found this forum and learned of TI 11 short comings.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If you're talking about the ATI BootCD recognizing some drives, I think it would if Acronis could make it so. It seems to have been hard to nail down with the new version of linux that Acronis is using on the version 11 bootCD. However, the boot disks various builds of ATI11 will work with somewhat diff sets of hardware. For example, interim buld 11.8052 from Tech Support will recognize a RAID array on my Intel ICH6R Express Chipset, but 11.8048 and official release 11.8053 positively won't. Go figure. Otoh, ATI10 won't recognize a drive connected to a Silicon Image 3132 chipset controller but ATI 11 will.

Alternatives abound, including contact Tech Support (answering a few technical info requests and then gettings one ISO file or another to make a bootcd that might work for you. Making a VistaPE disk (costs couple of bucks for the script). Making a BartPE disk.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mekhed,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.