No social forum?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by John Bull, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

I am well aware of Wilder`s policy and the reasons given for it, so I am also aware that this will go down like a lead balloon. Obviously you had a bad experience some years ago with your "Chat" show and do not wish to repeat it.

But a great Forum like this, which I consider to be the best by far on the web, with our large membership and the immense abundance of first class knowledge, dedication and enthusiasm shown, it is a pity that we remain aloof from personal conversation and contact.

A personal Chat section would enable our great family to get to know each other better and integrate people.

You do not have to tell me about all the problems that occur when a large number of people start chatting on an infinite variety of subjects - I know every aspect of it. Discussions go good and discussions go bad, sometimes very bad, but that is a natural characteristic of human behaviour and may I add, a very necessary ingredient of normal society. An Angelic existence is simply not possible on our beloved Planet, only in Heaven.

Confucius say :- "All work and no play make Jack a dull boy".

Many other Forum`s have a Social Lounge or Chat Room and manage to handle it extremely successfully regardless of all the fracas that take place. Surely Wilder`s with their exceptional experience and copious high quality of intelligent managerial resources can do the same if not better.

Ah well, nobody can say I did not try and I am now ready for the Nuke. But alas, when one gets Nuked as often as I have been, one becomes partially immune.

Kind Regards
    John - "Who Dares Wins ?"

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Re: Happy Families ?

I agree with John. After all the years of coming here, why not have Wilders branch out into the Twitter age. And that aint no Bull.:)

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.