no signal on monitor

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iii, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iii

iii Registered Member

hello i wasnt on my personal computer for about a month because i was on business and when i came back i kept getting beeps whenever i tried powering my computer. Reseating the ram fixed the problem but now i cant get any signal to my monitor. the monitor works but there isnt any signal. If i plug it into the on board vga it would do nothing and the auto detect screen would only show but if i plug it into my radeon video card the screen would go black like it recieved somthing but nothing would appear. i had a similiar problem before when i left my computer unused for a month but reseating the ram fixed it the first time it happened

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

can you plug in the monitor in some other comp to check it. if it works then maybe your graphics card is gone

3. iii

iii Registered Member

its not a broken video card when the on board vga doesnt work either. I dont have another computer to test anything out

4. philby

philby Registered Member

If both onboard and discrete are connected with standard VGA cable, have you tried swapping this out?

philby

5. iii

iii Registered Member

no the video card is dvi it has a vga but i never used it. when i plug in the vga i plug it into the computer one not the video card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.