No Sig Database Update - Grateful some advice

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by seanbean, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seanbean

seanbean Registered Member

Good evening all.

I am running a trial version of ESET NOD32 AV (4.0.468.0) with 26 days left. Vista Business 32bit. For the first 3 days I had no problems at all and was very impressed/considering buying the full version.

However for the last 24hrs+ I have been unable to update the AV definitions and appear to be stuck on 4618 (2009111:cool:. I have:

- pinged ESET server OK
    - cleared update cache (& rebooted several times!)
    - disabled, and then uninstalled Comodo Firewall
    - done a "repair" on the installation in Program Manager

...all to no avail and forced updates keep telling me the virus database is current etc.

Any ideas before I go for an uninstall/reinstall? Many thanks if you are able to help, but thanks anyway for taking the time to read this.

Sean

2. seanbean

Good Morning All,

Went for the uninstall/re-install option. No problems except we now appear to be "stuck" on virus sig database 4469 (20090930)...

Sean,

Update - going to bed & sleep on it - back in 8 hours.

Sean

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  3. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

Are you getting an error message when trying to run a manual update or does it just say that the database is already up to date so an update is not necessary?

Regards,

Mark.

4. seanbean

Hi Mark,

I was getting the latter message (update not necessary).

However, on switching on this morning, it decided to automatically update itself.... I've no idea why, maybe something at server level - maybe not.

For the record I switched off overnight for about 8 hours (not "sleep" or "hibernate") and it seems to have sorted itself out at switch on this morning. All now seems to be working normally, firewall included.

Thanks to all. Sean.

5. tomha

tomha Registered Member

Same problem with one of my customers.
    We installed V 4.0.468 trial and it said the definitions are up to date. No actualisation, no error message. Uninstall, restart, reinstallation, restart no updates of av definitions.

Guess which av software my customer won´t buy?

6. seanbean

...and I will now be using every single day of the trial period before deciding to buy - or not. "Two strikes and you're out" rule now applies!

Sean

7. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

Trial usernames in EAV have less priority in the update servers. If you sign up for a ESS license you get a normal license for a month, you can also use that license for EAV and then you shouldn't have difficulties updating EAV.

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I've just tried installing the trial version of EAV and it updated just fine.

9. seanbean

Seems to me that, if you're trying to sell the product, you need to ensure trial versions work properly/get a high priority on update servers.

10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I can confirm that the trial version of EAV updates fine. Only in the event of a large update (which happens only occassionally), paying users are prioritized over trial users.

11. seanbean

Thanks Marcos - we'll see how the trial goes.

Sean

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.