No SATA drive with Boot CD GA-K8N51GMF-9 TI 9.0/Build 2270/2337

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by njfnjf, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njfnjf

njfnjf Registered Member

Hi,

I'm building a new system, using TI to transfer setup to a SATA drive.

The SATA drive is recognised by BIOS, but when TI comes up, nothing is seen.

Trawled the archive. Latest greatest version got, new boot CD burnt, PATA/IDE drive removed (DVD still there on IDE chain of course)....any ideas?

HDD is not formatted...if that's relevant. Is it a driver issue?

Can't see an APIC on/off option in BIOS.

Ta in advance, Nick.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Nick,

That's probably because there isn't one!! Boot from the Acronis rescue CD. When you reach the selection screen press F11 and, in the Linux kernel command line, leave a space after the word Quiet and add the commands acpi=off noapic. After that click on the OK button and select "Full version" to continue booting into TI then see whether it detects your SATA drive. If that doesn't work, try adding the command ide-detect=off instead.

Regards

3. njfnjf

njfnjf Registered Member

Hi Menorcaman,

Good post - instrumental in fixing. Thanks.

F11 brought up the kernel options box - I deleted quiet (although I threw the other options in there, I suspect they were not needed).

I was happy to see an underlying Linux Kernel in the subsequent program boot...the sata_nw driver was just working fine...drives detected, but there was a:

"/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0: Unknown partition table"

...error. I then assumed that TI doesn't like 'blank' drives when trying to restore. So, I used Disk Director to create a dummy NTFS partition and label the drive with a partition table.

Rebooting with True Image, I now have the missing drive in the 'explorer' display....and the restore is chunking away now.

In summary - looks like TI does not like SATA/S-ATA drives without partition tables. The fix is to make one before booting with TI.

Thanks. Nick.

4. njfnjf

njfnjf Registered Member

That should have read sata_nv driver, of course. Corrected so search engines would not fail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.