no response from recovery CD

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by christyxx1971, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. christyxx1971

christyxx1971 Registered Member

Running Paragon Partition Manager 9.5 personal under Windows 7 64bit.

Using the Windows interface, I tried to resize my C partition so that I could create others and all was fine until I was told to reboot. The computer rebooted into a DOS screen which described my main drive as a Vista System drive.Hmmm.. At the bottom of the screen was an instruction to load the "setup disc" and to press f2. I assumed that the "setup disk" was the recovery disk, but when I did as instructed I got a black screen with # on it. Then I could not reboot at all. I had to use Acronis to restore the MBR which got me going again.

This time I used the recovery disc instead of Windows to attempt the operation. The graphic interface loaded, but I got no response at all when I click on either Normal, Safe or Low Graphic Modes. Nothing happens at all.

I ran chkdsk /f on C and no errors were found.

This is so freaking aggravating! Help please.

2. christyxx1971

christyxx1971 Registered Member

Ah! I found the solution. On dottech.org, the product was advertised this way:

To get Paragon Partition Manager 9.5 Personal for free, follow these simple directions:

Supported OS: Windows 2000 Pro/XP Pro/Vista/Win7

But on your website, I find this:

"Partition Manager 9.5 doesn’t support Windows 7. Partition Manager 10 currently provides full Windows 7 support. "

Too bad. Caused me a lot of trouble for nothing.

3. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

christyxx1971,

Sorry to hear your having trouble, this is caused by an incompatibility with the software and Windows 7 x64 bit, any operation that requires a reboot from within Windows can cause this issue with the MBR, which as you discovered can be corrected with any tool that can rebuild the MBR, the windows 7 disk's start-up repair, as well as our recovery CD can do this as well. Any operation performed without a reboot, i.e. from within Windows, or from a recovery CD will not cause these issues.

As far as the recovery CD not booting up, it may be a hardware incompatibility with your system and the Linux environment. Since you do not have access to our WinPE recovery CD, what I would recommend, short of upgrading to version 10, would be to create your own recovery environment based on BartPE, here is a link to a thread discussing the process in detail:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=257771

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.