"No Operating System Found"

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TONPumper, Oct 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TONPumper

TONPumper Registered Member

I get this message at random times. Today it was when I installed an update for my audio driver, one time it happened when a software asked for a restart, another time it was when Windows updated and asked for a restart, then one other time I restarted my computer to test it out and it did it.

This only happens 10-15% of the time, but when my external is plugged in, there's a 100% chance that this will happen. For the above examples, my ext. was not plugged into the computer. I've checked the BIOS, and everything is fine there, so what else could it be? Motherboard? Hard drive MBR? RAM?

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

If it happerns 100% of the time when you have your external drive plugged in you simply need to change boot order so that your internal drive is at the top of the list.

As for the othertimes I would check the cables arent loose and also run a chkdisc on the drive since it could be that the drive is on the way out.

3. TONPumper

I ran a chkdsk and found nothing, and the boot order is normal.

4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

I've seen that on some machines, just a bad sata cable.

Sometimes due to heat or vibrations, it does not plug in fully.

I know of machines running with that glitch for years, just may wanna take a look at the case inside, maybe too much dust or things moved about a little?

Could be your case ... ?

Mrk

5. TONPumper

Sounds good to me. I ordered a new hard drive offline, so we'll see if that is actually the problem.

6. TONPumper

Could this be a problem with the motherboard?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.