No Operating System - Cannot clone!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by earcandy, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earcandy

earcandy Registered Member

I have been attempting to clone a WIndows XP Media Edition drive with 3 partitions to a brand new drive. While the cloning completes fine the drive is not bootable. I get the message "Missing Operating System". I have tried the repair MBR method with no success. Any suggestions? Same result with Casper XP as well.

2. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

It could be a BIOS problem. What is the size of the disk you are cloning and how big is the new disk? Does your PC use AWARD BIOS 4.5x by any chance?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello earcandy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please do the following:

- Download Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the unbootable computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the report.txt file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.