No HDD Message!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dark Art, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Art

Dark Art Registered Member

Hi every one:
    This is my first post here and my english isn't that good so i'll
    make my self as clear as possible ×_×

I'm asking about this message that appears to me when i choose to restore an Image on my C: drive (haven't tried another partation cause i want it only there) in the DOS window of Acroins True Image:

E000101F4: Acroins True Image Corporate Workstation has not found any hard disk drives.

I started to think that i need to replace my HDD can you please help me.

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

If you started the Restore from within Windows (your C drive), I think True Image is preventing you from restoring to the drive that has the Image. The Image must be on a drive other than the one you're restoring to - unless the Image is in the Secure Zone of the C drive.

3. Dark Art

OK.. Is there away to move the Image from the Secure Zone to another drive?

4. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

No, but if you are saying that your image is in your SZ then you are obviously not restoring to the same partition.

Can I assume that you can see the HDD on the backup ?
    When you get the message are you running restore from the recovery CD or Windows; if the latter, can you see see any disk drives when you start the restore process from within Windows, i.e. does the error happen after the machine has rebooted itself ?

F.

5. Dark Art

The error shows after the final step to start the image restoring process in the (DOS mode) of Acroins TICW:

http://xs313.xs.to/xs313/07112/Acroins.png
    When i click Next the message appears (remember this is in DOS Mode after F11)

I tried it in another machine and it worked perfectly. The restoring starts smoothly after i click Next :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.