No hard drives?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CWBillow, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CWBillow

CWBillow Registered Member

I got this error (couldn't find any...) when I first started TI, so I ran a repair and re-booted, then got the same thing again.

How come?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

What version and build of True Image?
    What is your OS - win2k, xp or vista?
    You ran a repair of True Image or the OS?
    Are your drives SATA or ATA?

3. CWBillow

DwnNdrty:

My OS is XP, SP-2;
    My TI is v4942;
    My drives are ATA;

And I ran a repair of the TI... after that didn't work I uninstalled and re-installed... and it seems fine.

This has happened before, and I'm just trying to see how to avoid future difficulties...

Regards,
    Chuck Billow

4. DwnNdrty

Unless you want to do automatic scheduled Backups, I would use the bootable TI cd. That way you don't have to depend on the installed software. You'll need to know that the bootable Cd works anyway before you run into a hd crash and the only way out is to use the bootable TI cd.

5. CWBillow

DwnNdrty:

Although for the most part I agree, doesn't it seem a little strange to trust a CD compiled by a prog with issues?

Since I don't always get this error when using the installed version, what the heck would I do if that came up with the CD version "once in a while", when I was really depending on it?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow

6. DwnNdrty

Sorry, I don't have any more help to offer. Someone else will be along with other suggestions.

7. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

If I am understanding correctly, you are running XP (home?) and start True Image 10 (latest version 4942) while inside Windows Mode and sometimes no drives are found.

Do you get an error message?
    or do you find this out when you are attempting to begin a backup?
    or how?

Also, when you run the Rescue CD and choose the Full Version option, are the disk drivers ever missing from this display?

8. CWBillow

Grover:

I do get a message box hat no drives were found right at startup of TI

I haven't gotten that message with the Rescue CD that I recall... but I haven't used it for sometime...

I seem to recall a fair amount of discussion back about v7 as to how backing up from within Windows was just as good as using the CD, and I was unsure at that point...

Regards,
    Chuck

9. mtwilco

mtwilco Registered Member

Hope it is ok to jump in here. I am having to same problem when I first open TI. The error message is E000101F4. Am running XP Pro on a Seagate SATA HD. I have TI 9 build 3854. Have uninstalled it and cleaned out all references in the registry. I downloaded a fresh copy from Acronis website and reinstalled. Same results. Hope someone has some insight into this problem..................Mike

10. BillyPig

BillyPig Registered Member

I can't help with the original issue (sorry), but I do have a couple of suggestions that might help you have more confidence in your backups.

I can understand your concerns relating to the running of dubious software from a CD. In fact, I am even more paranoid (since no commercial program is completely error-free), so I never trust a backup unless I have successfully restored from it. In other words, I backup, restore to different HD, boot to the HD, then I'm satisfied. That can be a pain, however, so I just use that procedure to protect my boot drive. For other data, I take full backups every so often. For really important stuff, like photos, I burn te data directly to CD as well as copying to another HD.

For data file backups (as opposed to OS and program backups) I mount the backup with TI and restore one or two files to a diferent location.

You don't necessarily need to double-check every backup, but it is worthwhile for the big or important ones.

Pete K

11. CWBillow

Pete:

>>
    For data file backups (as opposed to OS and program backups) I mount the backup with TI and restore one or two files to a diferent location.
    <<

That's a good plan.

Thanks,
    Chuck

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello CWBillow,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that such error message usually means that something has interfered with the work of Acronis Drivers used to access hard drives under Windows (a Windows update, an installation of anti-vorus/other software, etc.). Therefore, this cannot happen when using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media, as it uses embedded Linux drivers.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

13. Acronis Support

14. mtwilco

I am using True Image 9.0 Home

15. Acronis Support

Hello mtwilco,

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, and install it with disabled logging

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Install the drivers with enabled logging;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi.log

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

16. mtwilco

That did it!! Thanks so much for your help..............Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.