No Hard drive Found

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by raybro, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raybro

raybro Registered Member

installed TI v10 on my laptop running XP Home. Everything works fine when launching out of Windows. However, when I boot to either the TI CD or the recovery CD I created, I get the following message.

"Error E000101F4 Acronis true Image Home has not found any hard drives"

I have created a drive image into my external drive (Connected via USB) and when that is active the external drive is designated as the C:\ drive. The only other drive detected under My computer is the CD-ROM drive.

Obviously, this severly limits the functionality of the program. If I can't detect the internal drive when booting from the recovery CD, I can't restore the image from the external drive. I've tried booting with the external drive both active and inactive. When inactive I get the message above. When active I get only the external drive detected.

I have a restore point prior to installing TI or I could uninstall it and reinstall.

Appreciate any and all opinions and recommendations... Raybro

Just went to the Acronis site and downloaded update to build 4942. The current build is 4871. One of the changes noted is fixes for bootable media. I'll install taht and post back.

Woops... The update looks like a complete reinstallation. Should I unistall current prog before doing the update?

Raybro

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Always best to uninstal before installing. Not always necessary, but it avoid some probs that affect some folks.

3. raybro

raybro Registered Member

I offer my apoligies to all the good folk on this forum. I failed to read the "Read this before you post" stickie and found all my answers there after I did so. downloaded the update to latest build after unistalling original installation and all is well now.

I shall endevor to be more though in my research before I post again.

I'll mark this thread solved. Hmmmm doesn't seem to be a tool for the originator to mark the trtead solved, so I'll leave it to the forum moderators to decide.

Raybro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.