No hard disk found!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by One2Watch, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One2Watch

One2Watch Registered Member

Hi all,

Im sorry that i do not know the precise version being used coz im at work now and the problem is at home. I do know the true image version is 8....

I have been a huge fan of TI for some time but last week i bought a new dell dimension 5150 and when i boot up from the TI boot disk to create an image it gives an error and states that it cannot find any disks. I click ok and nothing happens. The disk on the system is a 250gb serial ATA hard drive and i have never had this problem before. Though previous disks have been ide disks.

I have created 2 primary partitions and one logical drive and i can create images by booting to either partition but i prefer to create images outside the windows environment by booting from the boot cd. This does not find any disks...Can anybody tell me why this might be?

I have ghost also but i do not want to revert to that troublesome peace of rubbish (in comparison).

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

kind regards

One2Watch

2. Vart

Vart Registered Member

3. One2Watch

One2Watch Registered Member

Hi there

Thanks for the fast reply,

I have found others on this site with the same problem, i shall the ms update resolution first and see how that goes.

Your link does not work im afraid, thanks anayway

kind regards

One2Watch

4. Vart

Vart Registered Member

5. RockyCore

RockyCore Registered Member

The SnapAPI_s_e.exe , is this an update that you run once you have True Image installed on a machine - then after running the update you create a new boot disk that will have all the updated drivers ?

Just trying to make sure I understand the useage of this update !

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RockyCore,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that SnapAPI_s_e.exe driver should be reinstalled if Acronis True Image can't detect any hard drives within Windows.

If your hard drives are not visible in rescue mode (when you boot your computer from the bootable rescue CD or use F11), please try the following workaround:

- Boot the computer from Acronis True Image bootable rescue disc (Full version) which was created with the latest build (937);
    - Hit F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears;
    - After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please add "acpi=off noapic" parameter (without quotes) to the end of the Linux kernel command line (so it will be "quiet acpi=off noapic");
    - Click OK button.

If the problem still persists, please download Acronis True Image 9.0 Home trial version in order to check how it works on your computer.

Please be aware that the trial version has the following limitations:

- Windows: all functions available, 15-days trial period;
    - Bootable media: Recovery feature available only.

So using the trial version, please create an image within Windows, create the new bootable rescue media, boot your computer from it and try to restore this image.

If the trial version of the program can detect your hard drives in rescue mode, please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

If the problem still persists, please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen appears. After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please modify it in the following way:

quiet acpi=off noapic, click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

If that does not help, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.