No go for DVD backup at all

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by alderan_22, Jul 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alderan_22

alderan_22 Registered Member

I run Acronis True Image Home 9 with XP Prof. SP2 and a Plextore 716AL. However the software accepts only CDs no DVDs are accepted they are roasted kicked out and the prog asks for a new disc.
    Acronis promises even DL +R support. What is the problem?
    Please, assist I am really desperate with this software.

Thank you

Bernd

2. jelenko

jelenko Registered Member

Have you tried reinserting the DVD and clicking Retry [or OK]?

I've found that Acronis always kicks out the disk that is in the drive. It's particularly confusing when the message is Retry.

[This and some of the wording in the documentation sounds like a translation from another language.}

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bernd,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

Please be aware that this is a normal situation when a DVD writer is shown as a CD burner in Acronis True Image.
    This doesn't affect the device's functionality and you can use DVD.

Please also use the tips of jelenko in order to create an image on DVD.

If the problem still persists, please do the following to obtain CD Recorder log:

1. Run regedit from Start -> Run;
    2. Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\DebugLogs registry key
    *If this is the first time when this log is being issued, then the folder DebugLogs has to be created first;
    3. Add cdrecord value (Type: DWORD; Data: 1);
    4. Reproduce the problem.

The cdrecord.log will be created in Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\DebugLogs folder.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. alderan_22

Tatjana, thanks for your mail but it does not help at all.
    I am starting to get really annoyed. I've downloaded the only available option - a test version (german language)- and BINGO my registration is lost and the prog does not start at all. CONGRATULATION for this nice gimmick. :mad:

You say "Please be aware that this is a normal situation when a DVD writer is shown as a CD burner in Acronis True Image.
    This doesn't affect the device's functionality and you can use DVD."

Well obviously it does on my computer with a state of the art DVD writer.

I am getting a message "Bad media or incompatible media" for ALL DVDs I am trying.

Your telephone hotline in Germany is 69 Cent per minute.
    I am starting to get the impression that you created a profitable bussiness besides Software?

Regards

Bernd

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bernd,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that the latest build of German version of Acronis True Image 9.0 is 3641.

Could you please describe the problem in more detail?

Could you please reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon?

Please also provide CD record log request above and submit a request for technical support at support@acronis.de. We will try to help you as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

6. alderan_22

Dear Tatjana,
    I spent several Euro and phoned the toll hotline.
    Here's the solution:

1) Updates are hidden in the Support Menu which is a strange way to set up a site navigation.

2) After installing the latest German version Double Layer is now working fine.

I just wish your website would be more clear and you would provide a free techline.

Best regards

Bernd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.