no cd/dvd drive available after boot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by starlove, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starlove

starlove Registered Member

Hi
    Dont know if any one has this problem too?

I tried to boot my new purrchased laptop by using the Rescue bootable cd created by Acronis TrueImage 8.0 (Build 937) got the following error:
    The laptop can boot by the cd but got the following errors after the Acronis logo screen as:

ide0: port already is use skipping probe
    ide1: port already is use skipping probe

then Acronis is loaded BUT there is no cd drive available to choose from since I have put my img file on dvd.

Acronis TrueImage Version: 8.0 (build 937)
    PC: Toshiba A100/4600
    DVD-RAM: MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-841S

2. starlove

Getting refund Acronis #579632

The acronis support is very un-useful....
    First sent me a link to donwload the TI9 trila version, which did not solve my problem after I tried. The thign is why tehy cannot address teh issue at prompt time? I do HAVE the need to boot my laptop by using the CD and recover my image from dvd.....since I will be away from home for more than six months to work onsite at my customer office in EU......how cna i bring all my cds and if my laptop failed DO I REALLY HAVE TIME TO INSTALL EVERYTHING ON MY CUSTOMER SITE? sicne I do not know what wil happen ie SW will be installed on the laptop on my ccustomer site to access their box, I rekon this is critical issue for me to have this problem solved but Acronis seems not helping at all....

As I am a 100% legal user...

Next Step? Ask for refund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: Getting refund Acronis #579632

Hello starlove,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please follow the instructions described in the Privite Message I have sent you in order to obtian additional information that will help us to investigate the problem thoroughly and provide you with a possible workaround.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. starlove

Hi,

I have sent the info via Acronis Support you refer to, hopefully this will help you to have some insight, please do understand teh need and the ugency I'd like my problem to be solved ASAP......

thanks

5. Acronis Support

Hello starlove,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

6. starlove

The auto-reply email indicated the ticket number as: Acronis #583806

Thanks

7. Acronis Support

Hello starlove,

Your issue has been forwarded to Aleksandr as requested. He will answer you within the 48 hours period.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.