No boot drive. What to do?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by wrd, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrd

wrd Registered Member

I have Paragon's Hard Disk Manager 2010. My setup:
    Disk 0: 60 GB OCZ SSD with windosws 7 Sys C partition only
    Disk 1: 500 GB Hard drive for aps and data
    Disk 2: 500GM Hard drive for backukp
    System crashed. I managed to boot up to an old Vista backup partition.
    Now nothing will recognize Disk 0. Not BIOS, Not Windows 7 install and repair disk. Not Norton. Not Paragon's HDM 2010 linux or windows recovery disk. or any other program that I have.
    What can I do to make my system recognize Disk 0? Do I have to replace it?
    Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
    Bill Detert / Springfield / IL

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

If BIOS doesn't see it then nothing else is likely to see it. Have you tried changing/reseating SATA cable and the power cable?

I would try the drive in another PC and see if it is seen in BIOS as a final test. If not, then it's bad.

3. cincinnatijack

cincinnatijack Registered Member

You may need a special drivers for the SSD drive 0, if you know where the driver is or you have the installation disk from OCZ, you can add the driver to the Paragon recovery environment.

The Paragon's HDM 2010 WinPE recovery disk has a the feature ''Add specific drivers'' as part of the WinPE based bootable environment, you will be adding the SSD drivers to the WinPE 3.0 recovery environment, that reside in the computer RAM. The Paragon WinPE is 32-based, thus you need to use 32-bit drivers for injection.

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

First of all, please try to use Undelete partitions wizard from Paragon Recovery CD.

You can download self-burning WinPE Recovery CD image from "My Account" - "My Downloads" in Paragon web-site.
    Burn the CD and boot from it.
    Then:
    * Run hard Disk manager in Full Scale
    * Find your Hard Drive 0
    * Righ-click it and select Undelete partitions
    * Select search mode and wait until the wizard inspects your HDD 0
    * If partitions are found, click them one-by-one to restore and Apply changes.
    Please note: If there are visible partitions, Undelete will not work. Then please collect Logs via LogSaver and let us know here what is on your Hard Drive 0.

5. cincinnatijack

cincinnatijack Registered Member

Mech_An,

Drive 0 is SSD and he can't find drive 0 to undelete any partitions.

His BIOS may have to be switched from IDE drive to ACHI or RAID in order to be able to find the SSD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.