No Boot after restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ethornhill, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ethornhill

ethornhill Registered Member

I have 2 machines that are nearly identical. The only major difference is one has an internal zip drive and the other doesn't. I am backuping up the one with a zip to a NAS. They both have dual hard drives, the source has all 3 partitions are mirrored to the 2nd drive of equal size. I can only backup the 1st drive as I get read errors on the 2nd drive hense I need to make sure I can backup and do a full restore, to another identically configured machine if possible.

Anyway, it is running Windows NT Server SP6. When I restore the 1st drive to the machine it starts to boot, but resets BEFORE it gets to the blue boot loader window that NT has but after it asks to press F8 to load previous settings known good settings.

Any thoughts?
    Version 8.0 791 restoring using the Recovery CD.

Sorry for the stream of thought writing.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. ethornhill

ethornhill Registered Member

That response was faster than I expected... Much appreciated. I will try that tomorrow as I don't have my hands on it currently. But NT doesn't have a "Safe" mode. I do know that while I was trying to get it to work yesterday I unplugged the 2nd IDE drive and it did the same thing.

I will post a reply in about 12-16 hrs.

Thanks,

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ethornhill,

I am sorry for the mistake with Safe mode.

In my previous post I ment whether your source computer (with ZIP) could be boot without the second disk.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.