No Backups in Acronis Secure Zone after OS Install

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Soli, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soli

Soli Registered Member

I am using ATI 11 Home and created a Secure Zone on my primary hard drive and then created A full backup and validated it and then created the restore media and validated the backup using the restore media. Then I formatted the operating system partition and installed the beta for Windows 7. This left the secure zone untouched, but now when I boot from the restore media it says their are no backups in the secure zone. But it shows that the size of the secure zone is 20 gig and that approximately 8 gig of that has been used. I can increase or decrease the size of the secure zone, so I know that i have access to it. Therefore is there any way to recover my back up image? Oddly the same situation exists on a laptop that I have used to test windows 7. Normally I use a program like Partition Magic and create a new partition and have never had issues.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

If you look closely, you will see that Win7 creates two partitions when it is installed. One is very small, just for loading the OS. The second is what you see as the C: partiton.

I wonder if this has somehow confused TI about the SZ even when you boot into the Linux environment of the TI Rescue CD?

If you are in the mood to experiment, you might make a backup of your Win7 installation to an external drive just so you can restore it when you want to. Then, delete both Win7 partitions, perhaps by starting by deleting just the small one, and see if you regain access to your backup in the SZ.

Let us know what you find if you don't get better ideas from someone else.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Soli and jmk94903,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Soli, officially Windows 7 is not supported by Acronis software, that's why we are unable to provide you with a reliable solution or explanation. The only thing I can propose you is the following:

Please try to install a trial version of Acronis True Image Home 2009 on Windows 7. According to several forum threads this can be possible. Acronis True Image Home 2009 has an option "Browse for archives" (Backup and restore -> Manage and restore -> at the right upper corner there is the "Browse for archives" button). Try to associate the archives with the program.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.