No answers here and Paragon not responsive. What next?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Paul Nutt, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Paul Nutt

Paul Nutt Registered Member

Refund?

I've used Hard Disk Manager Suite version 12 for a year or so. Version 14 is unusable on both my PC and laptop. Since others seems to be using it successfully I assume the problem is on my end. But without assistance here or Paragon responding in a timely fashion to my support incident I don't have a lot of options. I suppose I could install Windows 7 x64 and see if HDMS14 works if I install and try it when the Windows desktop is presented to me for the first time. Bitdefender 2014 is common to both and I'm not a tinkerer, meaning I install Windows / patch it / use it. Other commonalities are both have their system drive (C:) on an SSD in a GPT partition and both are uEFI.

I like to troubleshoot. I don't mind wiping the disk and starting over. I follow instructions well. But I won't waste my time doing it alone to just try something. I'd partner with Paragon to solve my problem but I can't get their attention in or out of the official support channel.

/rant

2. Alexhousek

Alexhousek Registered Member

I feel bad for you and your frustration.

No offense Paul, but lack of support is one of the reasons that I made the jump this weekend to Macrium Reflect. While I've been a user of Paragon products for the past couple of years, and I've not had to use their support much, but after spending time here at Wilder's, I've seen the support offered/provided by both Macrium and Paragon (and by users of said products), and I liked what I saw with Macrium. (Wow, was that a run-on sentence.....)

I am not saying that Paragon is bad or even that their support is bad. What I am saying is that I see that, at least here on Wilder's, support for Macrium is much stronger and responsive than it is for Paragon. (That's just my perception.)

Even only after 2 days using Macrium, I find it tons more intuitive to use and much more user-friendly than Paragon.

Just my 2 cents....

3. Paul Nutt

Thank you for the response. I'm kicking myself for not downloading the free trial.

Paragon: I requested a refund from your support page and followed up with an e-mail.

4. JosephB

JosephB Registered Member

Paul Nutt,

How long have you been waiting ? In the past, if you still have paid support period in effect, they would answer support tickets back within 2 business days.

5. wptski

wptski Registered Member

After they reply, make a suggestion or two which doesn't work, they may delete your support request. This has happened to me with HDM12S and the problem is still in HDM14S.

6. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Paul please PM me with your issues and at the very least I will get you, the contact number to get you a refund for the product if it is within the last 30 days that the software was purchased.

7. Paul Nutt

Thank you for the response. I contacted Paragon and today received my refund.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.