nis2009 "custom" install??

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zfactor, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i recieved a email back from symantec about the ask thing and they said simply do a custom install to opt out of it?? am i simply crazy or is there not a "custom" installo_O the only option i see is the directory to where nortons gets installed? am i missing something.. but i dont think i am here

2. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

I'm afraid you'll get that 'thing' installed anyway, no matter what you do (no, i'm not talking about Ask :D)

3. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Registered Member

I'm sure there is a dll to delete or they mean to customize the installation of FF.

4. zfactor

no they said specifically to choose the custom install option during the installationo_O i said there is none and they guy said sure there is.. after telling him repeatedly i gave up and said ill look again

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Someone on DSLR said to do an "Advanced" install as opposed to a "Standard" install. Are those 2 choices in the install menu or options somewhere? If so, then do the "Advanced" and there should be some place to uncheck the Ask stuff. I installed Norton 360 v3 recently, but I can't remember if there was that choice or not. I let it install Ask, but I don't use IE anyway, I use Opera, so it's moot.

6. zfactor

i cant find it anywhere myself and i have been through it a few times now

7. osip

osip Registered Member

if ASK is joined with IE it's an IE-kill...I don't bother, hav'nt used IE in years...You could use several better browsers and just disregard the issue...OK, i also don' t like this behaviour from a vendor, but to uninstall out of this is foolish...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.