nis2009 "custom" install??

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zfactor, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i recieved a email back from symantec about the ask thing and they said simply do a custom install to opt out of it?? am i simply crazy or is there not a "custom" installo_O the only option i see is the directory to where nortons gets installed? am i missing something.. but i dont think i am here

2. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

I'm afraid you'll get that 'thing' installed anyway, no matter what you do (no, i'm not talking about Ask :D)

3. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Registered Member

I'm sure there is a dll to delete or they mean to customize the installation of FF.

4. zfactor

no they said specifically to choose the custom install option during the installationo_O i said there is none and they guy said sure there is.. after telling him repeatedly i gave up and said ill look again

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Someone on DSLR said to do an "Advanced" install as opposed to a "Standard" install. Are those 2 choices in the install menu or options somewhere? If so, then do the "Advanced" and there should be some place to uncheck the Ask stuff. I installed Norton 360 v3 recently, but I can't remember if there was that choice or not. I let it install Ask, but I don't use IE anyway, I use Opera, so it's moot.

6. zfactor

i cant find it anywhere myself and i have been through it a few times now

7. osip

osip Registered Member

if ASK is joined with IE it's an IE-kill...I don't bother, hav'nt used IE in years...You could use several better browsers and just disregard the issue...OK, i also don' t like this behaviour from a vendor, but to uninstall out of this is foolish...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.