NIS and Volume Snapshot Service

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Longboard, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Hhmm..not sure exactly how to ask this..

WRT NIS 2011: Not unhappy with NIS as basic screen tool and FW.
    ( Not updated yet to 2012)

Much too automatic imho, defaults seem to be set in stone sometimes, and have a lot of overlap, which intermittently leads to irritating issues.
    Heh: "Borged" by Symantec: either live with it or lose it.

I have asked several times on the NIS Community forums re a more granular type control option, but obviously Symantec likes the LCD approach.

I have 'sample files" and some tools that NIS regularly identifies as "High Risk"
    Mostly I keep these on external drives or partitions but not infrequently need or want to use them.

I have to go through the usual convoluted Symantec pathways to exclude these files.

Then when I run any back-up/image tool that uses VSS, these files get stripped or quarantined again from within the VSS process. :mad:

Even if I disable whatever I can there seems to be some setting somewhere I cannot access.

Is there some/any way to exclude the VSS function from being 'cleaned out' by NIS. ?? :doubt:

Thx

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.