NIS 2011 identity safe problem

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ellison64, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Ive made various folders in identity safe such as SHOPPING , fORUMS , etc ,and in each folder login entries are set to auto fill when visiting the page.However Ive noticed that in the identity safe drop down menu in firefox (which is the browser i use ),only 10 folders will show ,no matter how many additional folders I add to identity safe.Ive also posted at norton forums but havent had much success as to what the problem is.Are there any other norton/identity safe /firefox users that have this same problem?.
    Using w7 64bit.
    tia
    ellison

2. ellison64

No one using identity safe and firefox?
    ellison

3. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

Give people more time to respond. It's New Years Day. People are still drunk or hung over. :)

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yes if you drink alcohol, wich I don't since I hate the taste:D

5. ellison64

amatuers;)

ellison

6. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

Why? :rolleyes:

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Try vodka it tastes pretty much like whatever you mix it with.;)

8. ellison64

Well a decent drinker would get stonefaced and still be able to respond :).....if he cant then he would be regarded as an "amateur" in these parts ;)
    ellison

9. toxinon12345

I do not think that drinking is something to brag, that's all. So I was curious what you think about drinking. :doubt:

10. ellison64

Well thats your opinion and whose bragging?.See the smilies it was a joke.;)
    everything in moderation my friend.
    ellison

11. toxinon12345

I hope this helps :'(

use the Identity "Safe back up" to make the most current back up of all your logins.

Then Logout of the program and use a "incorrect password" to force the program to reset everything. When you enter an incorrect password 2 or 3 times, ID Safe will reset and restore itself to a new install.

Then it find a previous profile. It also ask for your previous password. Please enter your correct password. Then load, and you will have to check your "Cards & Log-in" dropdown menu, ALL of your log-ins should have been restored and the autofill feature working again.

12. ellison64

Thanks for the reply.I tried that ,but unfortunatley im still only able to view a max of 10 folders in firefox dropdown.I dont know whether this is normal or not.I guess i need a user with firefox and identity safe to check whether they can enter more than 10 folders ,and see if it shows on firefox dropdown.
    ellison

13. dschrader

dschrader AV Expert

14. ellison64

Hi..
    I ve already posted in norton forums as stated in my first post ,and recieved less response than here ,hence me posting here.I guess there isnt anyone that actually uses identity safe with firefox ,otherwise i would imagine i would get a response one way or another.
    ellison

15. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

Did any of them mention drinking? Just kidding....watching the thread....

16. ellison64

Lol....no the only one drinking is me because of the frustration :)

17. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I had been using NIS 2011 with Firefox but recently uninstalled it and am currently using something else. I never found identity safe to be robust enough for my needs so I really didn't pay much attention to it. It always had the right account info for the site I was on so I never really used the drop down menu. Are you trying to get info out of it for a site you are not currently on and having problems with that? Or are you just irritated that it should be showing more than 10?

I am currently using Sticky Password (not free) but if I weren't I would be using KeePass with KeeFox for Firefox. A very effective combination for free.

18. Victek

Victek Registered Member

If you cannot resolve the problem you're having with Identity Safe consider LastPass. It's free and much more capable in my experience.

19. ellison64

Hi..
    Im just irritated that only 10 folders show in firefox dropdown menu and not knowing whether this is specific to my setup or whetehr the same happens for other folks.As it happens im also using sticky password.I bought a licence a while ago after the roboform rip off and vowed not to use roboform again.I used NIS 11 for a while and thought id try the identity safe as it was part of the suite..
    ellison

20. ellison64

hi..
    I dont really like the idea of in the cloud password and prefer them locally,so thats why i havent really looked into lastpass that much as i understand passwords are stored on thier servers?.I dont really want to get into whether its safe or not...i just prefer passwords on my pc alone.
    ellison

21. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I couldn't agree with that more, I will only have my password where nobody, and I mean nobody else can access them.

If I understand correctly you said you had the same problem with Sticky Password? I have over 60 accounts saved in Sticky Password and all of them show up in either IE or Firefox. Those are all in the same folder though. If you are talking about having more than 10 groups of folders I haven't tried that. I may do some testing and see what I can duplicate.

-Edit- Ok what I can say right now is that with the machine I have at the moment with KeePass and KeeFox that after creating a bunch of extra folders they all display in Firefox as expected. If you want me to look into Sticky Password it will have to wait until later.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  22. malexous

malexous Registered Member

I have set up a virtual machine with Windows 7 32-bit and installed Firefox 3.6.13 and Norton Internet Security 18.5.0.125.

Suggestion from what I have observed: create a new folder and immediately close all settings' windows. Open the settings again and create a new login in that newly created folder. How many folders now show?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  23. ellison64

Hi ..
    No sticky password works fine with firefox.Its only nis identity safe that doesnt.Thats why im now using sticky password.
    ellison

24. ellison64

HI.
    Malexous...
    Ive uninstalled NIS and using AIS at the moment (as identity safe was one of the advantages for me) ,so ill have to reinstall NIS again to try it (ive saved the identity safe passords file so no problem there).Before I insall though ill clarify what the problem was.In manage logins i could make as many folders as i wished and they would all show (in manage logins gui ) whether or not there was url login within the folders.
    However firefox would show only 10 folders regardless of this.Can you confirm this behaviour too without having to close settings windows
    Thanks
    ellison

25. malexous

malexous Registered Member

The behaviour I was seeing yesterday was because of something I was doing. In my parent's laptop and my virtual machine, it works fine. More than ten folders show in Firefox.

As long as there is login information in a folder, that folder will show in Firefox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.