NIS 2010 is SH..!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Subgud, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

I can only speak for myself and my experience!!

I have had good belife in NIS 2010. It is exellent in blocking malware and detecting malware. But now, I`ve had enough!

NIS 2010 updated itself from version 17.0 to 17.5.

4 times in a row I have turned off my laptop and NIS has started and running like 2 different programs. (please excuse my english) I have had 2 NIS running in my taskbar. That has made my laptop crawl BIGTIME!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times. 4 times using norton removal tool and 1 time with help through remote control via norton support. I have downloaded the new 17.5 installer, but it has not helped me.

Today morning I fired up my laptop, it was unresponsiv like HE...! I started it in secure mode. Same problem. It used 6 minutes to be so responsive that I could uninstall NIS. After the uninstall, everything was ok. My laptop was back to life.

I have a brand new Thosiba with 4Gb ram and a dual core cpu 2.1GHZ. Running W7 64bit home premium. So my laptop has enough power to run NIS.

I am not writing to dict symantec. I am simple shearing my BAD experience. I`ve had it with symantec. They are a exellent company, but they use people that has NO CLUE about what they are doing when it comes to support.

So I have changed to another AV vendor. I hope that other NIS users that have the same problem could reply to this thread and tell me their story. Because it is BOL.... that as an paid customer of a top noch company you have to struggle like this!!!

Chers

2. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

Get an ice, take a coffee, slow down :D :cool:

3. adik1337

adik1337 Registered Member

take a walk man ... u badly need it :p

4. gery

gery Registered Member

cool down man you know whenever someone is really :mad: :mad: :mad: you just need a :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: time with a cup of coffee or a cold beer.
    anyway i feel sorry about your really bad experience. I never had such a tragic end with Nortons. But i can tell that they never make it easy for someone to get rid off them. I switched to some other vendors for similar problems but never ever so bad as you. Anyway good for you to be resolving the problems:thumb: :thumb: . All in all Nortons is not really bad. I mean it is good enough to keep you safe

5. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

Something obviously went wrong during the update, but this can happen with any software that is so deeply embedded in the system as a security suite. It sucks when it happens, but it really doesn't mean that product X is SH..!!!!!!! because of it or that this is the norm for things.

6. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

A cup of tea with milk and three sugar cubes usually do it for me. :D :argh:

Thanks.

7. ALiasEX

ALiasEX Registered Member

~Possibly offensive comments removed.~

That twin icon issue is probably a Windows 7 problem more than a Norton one but the responsiveness is obviously due to a Norton bug or incompatability.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2010
  8. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

lol that doesnt make any sense, after the update this happened to the guy so clearly something changed in NORTON which adversely affected his system, a change in NORTON is what triggered this so NORTON has a bug with the windows 7 OS and/or the programs the user has.

u cant blame the platform for the software problems with it. thats why thers devs who are supposed to make that software work ON that platform, not the other way around.

9. Troy45

Troy45 Registered Member

not trying to highjack this thread but
    Was wondering why MSE is SH...!!!! ? :D I've been using it since the beta last year. I know that sometimes MSE would only update maybe 1 time a day. and reading av-comparatives on the detection rates are not quite as good as some of the other antivirus options. I found if you change the "SignatureUpdateInterval" from 24 to 1 with regedit it makes MSE check for updates every hour. I've checked and it always has the current updates now. seems to run great here.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2010
  10. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I am trying to figure out how you are using altered profanity and it isnt getting deleted. Mine always does.:doubt:

11. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

I believe the point he was making is that at some time or another every AV has been SH** for somebody,it's one of the joys of computing.You can have 10 identical systems with identical software and configuration yet get 10 very different outcomes with regards to stability and performance.:D

12. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

Here's an unusual idea.
    Go to the Norton community forum and ask them for some help.
    After you have a nice long walk.
    Hugger

13. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

That sounds like good advice.

Please read the Terms Of Service for using the forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.