Nirlauncher - The perfect toolbox for Windows geeks

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mrkvonic, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

Windows geeks rejoice. And do read my review of NirLauncher, a package manager for the entire collection of Nir Sofer's freeware tools, allowing you to use them all from a single interface, on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows and from USB disks in portable fashion, plus it allows easy integration with Sysinternals Suite. Absolutely fantastic. Truly the perfect toolbox.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/nirlauncher.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. spm

spm Registered Member

Well, as much as I rate Nir Sofer's excellent work, the NirLauncher comes years after the already existing WSCC. In fact, I'd say WSCC better integrates the NirSoft and SysInternals utilities than does NirLauncher. A bit of research on your part might have turned up this little gem, and gave your review some balance.

A word of warning about either utility, though - many of the NirSoft utilities kick off anti-virus alerts, and loading either NirLauncher or WSCC can easily result in a good portion of the utilities being quarantined/deleted all at once.

3. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

NirSoft Installer is useful for those who want to get the older apps not included in NirLauncher.

4. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

I also prefer WSCC. One nice feature is that it can check for and automatically update all your Nirsoft and Sysinternal apps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.