nimos (worm)Is it normal that it is inside Lsass?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zoorrozorrito, Mar 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am using an antitrojan, "troyan explore", and it says thay nimus worm is inside Lsass.exe. But it has not created any registry key, as norton or mcaffe say. I say this becauses I have searched very well in my registry, that's why I say that if it is normal for nimos to be inside this one. I have scaned with bit defender, virus chaser, e-scan, panda and these antivirus don't detect this worm.
    Is it a worm inside it?
    thanks for answering.

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Please submit the file for a free online check over here. In case it comes up clean, this looks like a false positive from your antitrojan; contact your antitrojan vendor pointing this issue out.

regards.

paul

3. zorrozorrito

zorrozorrito Guest

I have sibmitted the Isass.exe file, and kaspersky says there's nothing there, so that probably it is a false positive as you say, thanks a lot :D
    It was very strange that the antitrojan says it is nimos and it didn't created registry. I think you are right, thanks a lot

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

My pleasure ;). Please inform your antitrojan vendor.

regards.

paul

5. BigDaddy

BigDaddy Registered Member

Just to inform you guys... a new backdoor is spreading named ISASS.EXE (capitals and mind the I in stead of the L) which is putting your pc to sending mails.

Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.