Nimda.A worm detected ?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by acr1965, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I visited basketball-reference.com today and later saw this listed in my threat log-

Time Module Object Name Threat Action User Information
    2/22/2007 17:06:21 PM IMON file hXXp://www.basketballreference.com/favicon.ico Win32/Nimda.A worm Connection terminated NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Is there any way to see if this was a false positive? I visit that site every once in a while and wanted to let the site admins know of the possible infection.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2007
  2. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

ISince the connection was terminated you most likely don't have the file in your browser cache so there is no way to find it off your computer.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Although NOD32 really rarely produces false positive alarms , if you do suspect a FP , send an email to ESET Tech Support with a subject "Possible false positive" and a link to this thread in the message body ;)

4. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

One thing, I have had NOD32 warn me of a malicious web site before by popping up a red warning message. With this there was no warning at all. And even though it says "terminated" I can't remember that happening. Had I not checked the threat log I never would have known this all took place. Is it normal for NOD not to issue a warning when trying to open a malicious web page?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.