Nightmare with restoring from DVD-s

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by white_silence, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. white_silence

white_silence Registered Member

I made a backup of my HD partition with Windows 7. Paragon made it on two DVD-s. When booting with DVD my external DVD drive was not recognized, only internal one. So for restore process I had to change DVD-s. First all went good, I booted with DVD 1 and restore process started. Then was asked to insert DVD 2. When process went to the point when it started to restore my programs, nightmare began - I was asked to insert DVD 1 after restoring every single file from DVD 2. It restored 1 file and then again insert DVD 1, then again DVD 2... and so after every file! After 30 minutes I gave up and did format with original 7 DVD and re-installed all my stuff. If my usb DVD was recognized, it won't be big problem, but constantly changing DVD-s, it was slow the mounting DVD, waiting...
    Don't understand why it did need DVD 1 all the time after copying file...
    I won't give up yet with this software, will try to make recovery partition istead of DVD-s, hope with that all goes better. But the DVD-s I can now put into trash, it's impossible to restore that way. :S

2. pip22

pip22 Registered Member

I only use external hard drives for backing up to. Much easier. I believe most people do that these days. CD/DVD media can be lost or scratched unless you are meticulous in storing them safely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.