Nightmare with restoring from DVD-s

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by white_silence, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. white_silence

white_silence Registered Member

I made a backup of my HD partition with Windows 7. Paragon made it on two DVD-s. When booting with DVD my external DVD drive was not recognized, only internal one. So for restore process I had to change DVD-s. First all went good, I booted with DVD 1 and restore process started. Then was asked to insert DVD 2. When process went to the point when it started to restore my programs, nightmare began - I was asked to insert DVD 1 after restoring every single file from DVD 2. It restored 1 file and then again insert DVD 1, then again DVD 2... and so after every file! After 30 minutes I gave up and did format with original 7 DVD and re-installed all my stuff. If my usb DVD was recognized, it won't be big problem, but constantly changing DVD-s, it was slow the mounting DVD, waiting...
    Don't understand why it did need DVD 1 all the time after copying file...
    I won't give up yet with this software, will try to make recovery partition istead of DVD-s, hope with that all goes better. But the DVD-s I can now put into trash, it's impossible to restore that way. :S

2. pip22

pip22 Registered Member

I only use external hard drives for backing up to. Much easier. I believe most people do that these days. CD/DVD media can be lost or scratched unless you are meticulous in storing them safely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.