nexus 10 tablet

Discussion in 'hardware' started by ellison64, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Anyone have one of these?.What is your opinion?.I have nexus 7 for out and about, but thinking of 10 in for replacing laptop in home. Any pros/cons for 10in appreciated.

2. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

3. ellison64

Thanks for the link.Haven't joined yet but have it bookmarked.Still hoping there's some wilders members with tablets,as theresno place like home :)

4. DrBenGolfing

DrBenGolfing Registered Member

Might want to wait for the next model:
    " One can only wonder if the same will happen to the next-generation Nexus 10, the one that will presumably have an 8-core graphics processing unit and a quad-core CPU.

We already know of prospective buyers that have decided, after months of all these ordering difficulties, to just wait for the upgrade. The updated tablet is set for MWC 2013 launch (Mobile World Congress in February)."

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Goog...ing-Through-Google-Play-Store-US-325867.shtml

5. ellison64

Gotta be honest I've got 1st gen nexus 7 rooted and trinity kerneld.I'm running it at 1700mhz and 596 gpu and its superfast and renders instantly.I. know the nexus 10 uses the samsung rather than nvidia chip,but for a tablet that is so open sourcedregarding rooting and being able to overclock,I'm not sure if there is ever a right time to buy.

6. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

See my signature. For the money it is steal.

Best regards,

P.S. Check out XDA, been a member there for since the inception.

7. ellison64

I always check out the trinity thread at xda. I did try to join once but got fed up trying to join with the ridiculous 10 post aand back to 1 if mods thought your posts were not interesting enough or not in a subsection of their liking.Now I just email the devs if I have a question...morfic always replies and its easier than trying to join.

8. aladdin

I have rooted the Nexus 10. There are ROMs available for it. I have overclocked it. There are lots of Kernels available. Even Morfic has a Kernel for Nexus 10:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2083885

9. aladdin

1. Doesn't mean that quad core processor is faster than a dual core processor. Nexus 10 dual core processor is the fastest on the market so far, unless something new comes out in future.

2. Always, the computers, laptops, desktops, tablets, phones and so forth will be faster and better in future. Just wait another 2 months or 6 months, and you will be able to get a better one. Well the waiting game will never be over, as there will be always a better one in future.

3. Rumors have it that Google will have a quad core Nexus 10 in Mobile World Congress in February, 2013. Rumors have it, though don't hold your breath.

10. DrBenGolfing

DrBenGolfing Registered Member

Something wrong with better/cheaper? Your #2 seems to support your #3, btw.

11. jnthn

jnthn Registered Member

Are there news about a micro sd card slot in future releases of the nexus?

12. aladdin

No, you got it wrong. At this rate you will never buy anything until Kingdom Come, because the better/cheaper is always around the corner.

13. Noob

Noob Registered Member

True. Even if you buy it at launch date, in less than 5 months there will be something better. Unless you stick to a brand and wait until they refresh the model series such as the Samsung Galaxy S phones. :D

It will be a good purchase, i can-t believe Google will replace the Nexus 10 so fast, probably the Nexus 7 but i DO NOT SEE the Nexus 10 being replaced so fast. Google is not that stupid, even their Nexus phones only gets 1 update every year.

14. aladdin

Thank Noob,

Truly agree. Even Nexus 10 is not a true replacement for Nexus 7, due to screen size, they meet different markets. Nexus 7 is good to take in the crapper, while one is doing the most important thing in their life. :D

Best regards,

15. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

:thumb:
    xda has a reputation of being run by experts who are bashing users, especially new ones, who might have missed some super-expert advice 3000 posts earlier.

16. Noob

Noob Registered Member

One of the things i hate in XDA is that some members have an elitist attitude. :rolleyes:

17. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Indeed.

Check out.

Android Forums
    Android Central
    Rootzwiki

Cheers.

18. So many people so many opinions.

My wife prefers to use her home laptop. She stopped using the tablet. For her a tablet has little benefits over her smartphone. She gave her old laptop away when she got a tablet, she regretted it so much I decided to do a test with her Asus 300T (Transformer) and use it for business

For business I like the superior battery life and low weight/small dimensions. Also the combo for internet/e-mail stuff of keyboard and touch screen, really makes a mouse reduncdant. I only use a mouse (one with a zipcord cable, so no fuss with cables ) when doing presentations/reports editing, I store all my data on a 1TB USB-drive (which gets its electricity from the keyboard).

Besided the little uncomfort of switching on/off my outlook assistant (forwards all mail to my gmail account), I can't think of better device (PC replacement) for someone who is on the road a lot as a tablet with a keyboard.

19. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi Noob
    You could be right about the some, but being as there are nearly 5 million members on XDA with the majority being as helpful as they can or could be in replies posts.

Take Care
    TheQuest :cool:

20. jo3blac1

jo3blac1 Registered Member

Im glad wilders is not like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.