NewZaUpdate

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by ZaUser, Oct 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaUser

ZaUser Guest

What's the word on the new ZA firewall? Is it time to move forward from 4.5?

2. Cyber Surfer

Cyber Surfer Registered Member

No, I would wait until all the problems are fixed. Version 4.5 is the most stable and error free version to date. Be patient and continue to use 4.5 until the forums indicate that all isues have been corrected.

3. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Fellow Creatures,
    Here is my thinking on this? My license key was about to run out of free updates. With one day left ZAP 5.1.033 came out I waited several hours and there were still some complaints on Zone Labs Forum.

So I put in a Restore Point and updated to ZAP 5.1.003. I completely uninstalled ZAP 4.5 before installing my downloaded 5.1.033. If you want my exact proceedure post back and I will tell you what I did.

I am pleased to report NO problems. None. But if you read the boards there are people still having them. If you still have time left on your license key I would stick with 4.5 until 5.5 comes out unofficial word is 2 or 3 weeks, but who knows. :doubt:
    Zone Labs has a lot of customer care and product integrity repair work to do before I start putting out money for their products again. :mad:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.