NewHeur virus detected

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jomy, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jomy

jomy Registered Member

hi

I am having both linux and windows xp with service pack 2 installed on my system. after the fresh install of the windows i installed nod32 from the net and that is a 30 day trial version. after a while i got the message from imon saying that it detected and cleaned a trojan virus. and then the system started to go for the shutdown cycle with a message like it is going to shutdown in 1 minute. then i started an in-depth analysis with nod32 and the results showed that there is a NewHeur_PE virus and cannot be cleaned because it is a memory infiltration
    And I am sure that there is some kind of virus in my system because the cpu performance showed it is using 100%. and an amazing thing happened, i was chatting with a friend in yahoo messenger and he got a warning like i send a malicius script. what can be the possible solution. If i format and install xp again will this virus be removed.

thanks in advance
    jomy

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi Jomy,
    please start Windows in Safe mode and run an In-depth analysis from within the on-demand scanner panel. If a probable NewHeur_PE virus is found, you have two options:
    1. check the Quarantine check-box, select Delete and send the content of the program files\eset\infected folder to sample@nod32.com
    or
    2. rename the file in question, send it to sample@nod32.com and, after Eset acknowledges its receipt, delete it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.