Newby

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by cRwDog, Mar 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cRwDog

cRwDog Registered Member

Had a problem today. Found my homepage had been changed to "WWW.BargainBuddy.com". Eventually sorted the problem out by using a combination of your Spyware guard and "Spybot Search & Destroy". A big thank you to the people behind both products. S&D removed LOADS of stuff I never realised existed on my harddrive, Spyware guard will stop it appearing again. Good job I found the problem now before anything more serious happened - I read on another forum about things (spyware? active X controls?) that can change your dial up number to a premium rate line & leave the old number in the dial up field. Scarey, as you wouldn't know until you got a monster bill.
    Things I've learnt:
    1) Install & use BOTH products above & update them regularly.
    2) DO NOT EVER,EVER log onto the internet using an "administrator account". - I've done this until today as I didn't think it mattered. WRONG! If you go online using an administrator account you are open to all sorts of attacks. Programmes CAN & ARE installed on your system without your knowledge.
    3) Use a password.
    Again, Many thanks.
    cRwDog
    :D

2. subratam

subratam Registered Member

Hey cRwDog,

a warm welcome to Wilders , :)
    If I may add 2 more programs to your kitty
    1. Spywareblaster --> sets kill bits to the malwares and you are safe as those malwares are not permitted to attack your machine
    2. Ad-aware --> another scanner and surely a great one to have

those dont use much resources but gives a lot safety in return

keep posting and

[move]Have FUN[/move]

3. cRwDog

cRwDog Registered Member

Hi subratam,

I'll give Spywareblaster and ad-aware a try too.
    Cheers,

cRwDog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.