Newby

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by cRwDog, Mar 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cRwDog

cRwDog Registered Member

Had a problem today. Found my homepage had been changed to "WWW.BargainBuddy.com". Eventually sorted the problem out by using a combination of your Spyware guard and "Spybot Search & Destroy". A big thank you to the people behind both products. S&D removed LOADS of stuff I never realised existed on my harddrive, Spyware guard will stop it appearing again. Good job I found the problem now before anything more serious happened - I read on another forum about things (spyware? active X controls?) that can change your dial up number to a premium rate line & leave the old number in the dial up field. Scarey, as you wouldn't know until you got a monster bill.
    Things I've learnt:
    1) Install & use BOTH products above & update them regularly.
    2) DO NOT EVER,EVER log onto the internet using an "administrator account". - I've done this until today as I didn't think it mattered. WRONG! If you go online using an administrator account you are open to all sorts of attacks. Programmes CAN & ARE installed on your system without your knowledge.
    3) Use a password.
    Again, Many thanks.
    cRwDog
    :D

2. subratam

subratam Registered Member

Hey cRwDog,

a warm welcome to Wilders , :)
    If I may add 2 more programs to your kitty
    1. Spywareblaster --> sets kill bits to the malwares and you are safe as those malwares are not permitted to attack your machine
    2. Ad-aware --> another scanner and surely a great one to have

those dont use much resources but gives a lot safety in return

keep posting and

[move]Have FUN[/move]

3. cRwDog

cRwDog Registered Member

Hi subratam,

I'll give Spywareblaster and ad-aware a try too.
    Cheers,

cRwDog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.