Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sthavorn, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sthavorn

sthavorn Registered Member

Hi all, the reasons I signed up because I had Norton Ghost Version9.0 and It didn't work with my PC with raid drive (2 WD Raptor 74GB =138GB as Drive C)and my backup image is in drive D (200GB WD). Norton sees two single drives 74GB and the other 200GB therefore I cant continue with disk imaging. I had to start all fresh again which took me almost 7 hours to reinstall all softwares and backups. Good thing that I manually backuped all My Documents and Outlook to my drive D(200GB). Will Acronis True Image 9.0 Home work or see raid drive as 138GB? Thanks

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello sthavorn,

Best advice I can give is that you download/install the free trial version of TI 9.0 Home and give it a test run. When running the trial version from within Windows it's fully functional but has a 15 day time limit. The Linux based bootable rescue disk that you will need to create has no time limit but can't be used to create a backup, it can only restore it.

The important thing you will need to check is that, after booting from the Acronis rescue disk, TI correctly detects your RAID setup as a single disk.

Regards

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
  3. sthavorn

I already installed a trial version and created an Acronis true image backup archive file in drive D. What is a rescue disk? Where do you get during 15 trial. what I have to do? I know that Norton ghost I had to boot from the original Norton CD. Thanks

4. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Hello sthavorn,

The Rescue CD is what you create yourself with the tool Create Bootable Rescue Media. You use the Rescue CD to boot from it when you need to restore the system partition after a Windows crash. It's probably the same as booting from the Noton Ghost original CD.

5. sthavorn

Hi bVolk, I have no problems at work with any pc without raid drives with Norton Ghost 9 or 10 all you have to do is to boot from Norton CD and just click restore from image and Norton will fine drive C and drive D. All I have to do is to click restore image, select image from drive D and restore to drive C. It Works every time but I couldn't you with my raid driive at home. Is there anyway to walk me through step by step during my trial.? or how to create a bootable disk or rescue disk? Thanks for any helps.

6. sthavorn

bVlok, I mean I couldn't do with raid drive at home.

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi again sthavorn,

Your questions are somewhat wide ranging. If not already done, maybe it's better you first invest a little time reading the Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide (http://us1.download.acronis.com/pdf/TrueImage9.0_ug.en.pdf). After that, post back with any specific points that you don't understand or problems that you encountered.

Regards

8. sthavorn

It works!!!! It sees my raid drive C: as 138GB instead of 2 of 74GB like Norton Ghost does. I followed Acronis True Image Home Trial, select Recovery from Pick a Task follow Restore Data Wizard. Locate MyBackup.tib fiel in drive D: for my case then select Restore disk or partitions when I click next Acronis sees my raid drive C: 138Gb from there on is easy. Thanks guys, I'll buy it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.