Newbie using norton2003 long time

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by X-Spider, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X-Spider

X-Spider Registered Member

I am still using norton 2003 and i want to change it the license key has expired a long time ago. which antivirus should i have? and how can i delete all keys from norton2003?
    any suggestions pls?

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Good move...that's...very old. Your first scan with a contempory AV product should be exciting.

As to which AV product, my vote would be for NOD32, Kapersky, or Bit Defender. Try them..see which one performs better on your rig, and you like better.

For removal, after running the uninstall program....you can use their older removal utility, rnav2003.exe, or use their newer activeX online removal tool, SymNRT.

3. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

You might want to check out the antivirus test online results at AV Comparatives at http://www.av-comparatives.org/ . You can download trials from almost all of those vendors using the links right on the main page.

I would have to agree with YeOldeStonecat and say you should aim for the top. I would probably load Kaspersky on there, crank it up, and stand back. You might want to keep a fire extinguisher handy because your machine will probably be smokin!

Of course, I use NOD which would also be a top choice for you. How old is your computer? If it is a bit older with lower processor speed and less RAM, you might want to go with NOD. It runs very light on most macines.

Whatever you do, try several pieces of software and see which one you like best. There are even some free ones if you don't want to pay. These are AntiVir, Avast, and AVG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.