Newbie question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by vantagebox, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vantagebox

vantagebox Registered Member

I upgraded my 7.0 to 8.0 online but it just dawned on me that if my computer goes down, I would have lost Acronis and the actual program that would get my computer back up and running. My question is what does one do to make sure you have some means of starting the restore function in case you lose your hard drive and the copy of Acronis on it?

Thanks!

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Create the Recovery CD which is the TrueImage program on it's own CD that you can use to boot the computer and restore a backup image. In True Image, click on "Create Bootable Rescue Media."

Save the TrueImage download that you used to upgrade to TI8 to a CD so that you can reinstall it in case you restore an image that is so old it doesn't have TI8.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello vantagebox,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

In addition to what John have suggested I would like to tell that you need to save both your serial numbers (from the sevebth and the eighth versions) somewhere so you will be able to install Acronis True Image. Also please make sure the image files are stored in the safe place that will be available even if your disk fails.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.