newbie question

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by donsan, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donsan

donsan Registered Member

I have pg 3.0 and run the spy sweeper program and have it set to start when i boot up. I noticed when i turned on my computer pg went blue so i checked what the alert was and it said spy sweeper was blocked from terminating smss.exe is there something i need to change in my conf. to stop this or is there a possible problem thanks in advance for any response.

2. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

I am using Spy Sweeper with XP-SP2 and PG 3.0 Beta 2. I gave Spy Sweeper Terminate capability. I'm not sure why Spy Sweeper needs to terminate smss.exe, but it had popped up a couple of times about smss.exe prior to me giving Spy Sweeper Terminate capability.

3. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Does the alert show ZWTerminateThread ? it probably injects its own DLL (and starts a thread) inside smss.exe and then needs to stop it..

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Donson, I noticed this behaviour in the Public Beta, the latest beta does not suffer from this due to the many changes that Jason has made to the driver and learning mode.

HTH Pilli :)

5. donsan

donsan Registered Member

thak you all for the quick response glad to hear i don't have foul play going on i will adjust my settings for spy sweeper and see how it goes and will let you know.thanks so much for the advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.