Newbie/Novice needs suggestions

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by hjbyram, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hjbyram

hjbyram Registered Member

Don't know exactly where to post this, so doing so here.

I have been reading all of the great posts & checked out a lot of great software, but I need some recommendations for someone like me - can do some things, don't know enough to get myself out of trouble, when it works I'm fine, when it doesn't I can't fix it. I am looking for something easy to install & a no-brainer to configure, and I don't mind paying for it.

My current system is:
    Windows XP SP2, all updates current
    Windows Firewall
    NOD32 - licensed version, still 2.5 version
    Online Armor - licensed version

What I am looking for:

I would like a good cleaner program - have checked out IEClean, Tracks Eraser Pro, Privacy Guard, R-Wipe & Clean, & Security Task Manager with Spy Protector. Can someone suggest something that is good for a novice, but still does a good job? I would like to select only one.

I use Retrospect Express to back up files to an external hard drive, But I would like disk imaging software - what is good for a novice like me?

I read all the reviews & everything sounds good, but I would like to keep it very simple and also not conflict with or duplicate what I already have working well - therefore, I can't seem to make a decision. So can you all with your experience point me in the right direction so I don't purchase something that I can't actually configure & maintain myself, etc. etc.! THANKS

2. hjbyram

hjbyram Registered Member

Sorry - Never Mind - I found some additional reviews in this forum and will be making the final decisions soon - Please ignore the post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.