Newbie/Novice needs suggestions

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by hjbyram, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hjbyram

hjbyram Registered Member

Don't know exactly where to post this, so doing so here.

I have been reading all of the great posts & checked out a lot of great software, but I need some recommendations for someone like me - can do some things, don't know enough to get myself out of trouble, when it works I'm fine, when it doesn't I can't fix it. I am looking for something easy to install & a no-brainer to configure, and I don't mind paying for it.

My current system is:
    Windows XP SP2, all updates current
    Windows Firewall
    NOD32 - licensed version, still 2.5 version
    Online Armor - licensed version

What I am looking for:

I would like a good cleaner program - have checked out IEClean, Tracks Eraser Pro, Privacy Guard, R-Wipe & Clean, & Security Task Manager with Spy Protector. Can someone suggest something that is good for a novice, but still does a good job? I would like to select only one.

I use Retrospect Express to back up files to an external hard drive, But I would like disk imaging software - what is good for a novice like me?

I read all the reviews & everything sounds good, but I would like to keep it very simple and also not conflict with or duplicate what I already have working well - therefore, I can't seem to make a decision. So can you all with your experience point me in the right direction so I don't purchase something that I can't actually configure & maintain myself, etc. etc.! THANKS

2. hjbyram

hjbyram Registered Member

Sorry - Never Mind - I found some additional reviews in this forum and will be making the final decisions soon - Please ignore the post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.