newbie here with blue screen coming up after install

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Prod2003, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prod2003

Prod2003 Registered Member

I'm new to this forum, so I apologize if an intro. has to be made first. I hail from the lone star state, Texas. I work in the auto industry currently :( , but the pay is decent. On the side I build and repair computers. My problem is that I want to keep the eset smart security, but I don't want the computer to keep on crashing. I get the 0x0000007F along with four of these 0x00000000. It also reads at the bottom, collecting data for crashdump and that my physical memory is being dumped. Microsoft tells me that I have recovered from an unexpected shutdown gives this info. Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini010709-04.dmp
    C:\Users\Pedro\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-9327203-0.sysdata.xml
    C:\Users\Pedro\AppData\Local\Temp\WER661A.tmp.version.txt

any help, would be greatly appreciated :thumb:

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

There may be another program on your computer which conflicts with ESET Smart Security.

Are you able to start your computer in Safe Mode? If so, go to Start -> Programs -> ESET -> ESET Smart Security and run the Uninstall program. The system should then boot up as normal.

Go to another computer, download a copy of ESET SysInspector from ESET, bring it over to the other computer, and use it create a log file, which you can then mail--along with a link to this message threa--to support@eset.sk for analysis by a support engineer. They will examine the log file and let you know what needs to be removed or updated in order to install ESET Smart Security on the computer.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I confirm the exactly same case happened to me today morning when booting my comp. Next time it booted normally. Yesterday evening I shuted down my comp without any abnormalities. Having ESS 684/3749. Has somebody else encountered it too? Maybe the latest definition update is the culprit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.