Newbie help

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wherb, Mar 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wherb

wherb Registered Member

I have been using acronis 8.0 for several months making incrimental backups daily to an external hard drive. Today my hard drive failed, I have not made a boot CD or have another copy of acronis. How do I restore to another computer, where do I find the instructions? and how do I get another copy of acronis ( I have my original activation #). Also do I have to reload the programs before I restore?

Thanks for your guidance

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

:eek: Not good wherb!! Assuming you registered your original copy of TI 8 with acronis.com you should be able to download the latest build (800) and TEMPORARILY install it on another computer (you will need to enter your original Serial Number into this fresh install). Use this to create a new boot rescue CD (it isn't hardware specific).

Replace the duff drive in your original system with a serviceable one, boot from the new bootable rescue CD and restore the image from the external HD. When everything is back to normal, UNINSTALL TI FROM THE OTHER COMPUTER and update the version of TI that was restored.

This time save the downloaded TI installation file to CD and store it, along with the boot rescue CD and your Ser. No. in a safe place!!

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.