newbie-get me started

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by james anderson, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. james anderson

james anderson Registered Member

I have a 80gb hard drive connected via USB and want to start backup.. first I want to back up entire sytems. addresses ,favourites. my documents etc. EXCEPT I dont want to start off by also including large music downloads and my pictures..the computer asks me is whether I want to do complete systme bakcup which I do and not want to do.
    How do I instruct program to download/transfer/copy everything EXCEPT these 2 files ..later I will learn how to partition the new drive to transfer these separately thanks

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello James....Welcome to Wilders :thumb:

Since this is our Test Forum and threads do not stay here long sometimes....I would like to place this thread in a more appropriate forum in order to get you the proper assistance.

Is there a certain program you are using to accomplish this :doubt:

Bubba

3. james anderson

I just bought A True Image 9.0 which is why I am on this weblist

4. dld

dld Registered Member

You can't instruct True Image to create of backup of your system excluding certain files. The simplest way to proceed would be as follows:

Since you don't want Music Downloads and My Pictures to be part of the system backup what you can do is from within Windows Explorer just drag & drop these two files to your 80GB USB2 hard drive. There is no need to partition your external drive for this.

Now open TI from within Windows and backup you C: drive putting a check mark in the box next to Disk 1 as shown here. This will make sure your drive bootable when comes time for restoration. A .tib file will be created on your external USB2 drive.

As for restoration of your system that will have to be done using the Acronis Rescue Media CD which you must burn.

5. andywongkch

andywongkch Registered Member

As for the restoration of Acronis Rescue Media CD, how to burn? for that matter, what to burn on? The backup tib file?

Pls help to clarify thanks

6. dld

dld Registered Member

When you launch Acronis True Image Home from within Windows you will get the following option: Bootable Rescue Media Builder. You click on that and a Wizard will guide you the rest of the way. You can burn to a CD-RW disk which has been erased or to a CD-R disk.

If you have any problems in burning the Rescue Media read this post by Menorcaman.

Here is another way to create an Acronis Rescue Media CD. Once you launch the latest version of Acronis True Image Home and click on the item Bootable Rescue Media Builder you will, after a few screens, get to the following:

screenshot022ob8.jpg

Instead of clicking on the CD-RW drive, which for me is my Optorite CD-RW drive, click on ISO image. Acronis will create an ISO image of the Acronis Rescue Media which you can then burn following these instructions:

http://iso.snoekonline.com/iso.htm

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2006
  7. james anderson

dld..many thanks for taking time to give me a response. I will give that try.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello James,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

In addition to the above posted replies, I'd also like to mention that you can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home in it's respective User's Guide.

We also recommend that you take a look at Acronis True Image 9.0 Home FAQ page, Acronis Public Knowledge Base and this article providing the illustrated instructions on Acronis True Image 9.0 Home installation and usage.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.