Newbie 2nd Question

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by RR6, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RR6

RR6 Registered Member

Hi Me again, I just opened Spyblaster again and it says for IE explorer 604 items disabled. So I scrolled through list that do not have box checked and they are in red print and most/many say ActiveX, on the right side.

I see some say cookie on right side. It appears to me, that the ones in red are new ones detected by Spyblaster but not blocked just yet. So maybe I am suppose to check them or maybe they will become checked by spyblaster sometime in future.

Just curious as I'm relatvely new to all of this anti-spyware stuff. Thanks R6

2. ky331

ky331 Registered Member

When you open SpywareBlaster, you'll notice the list of QUICK TASKS toward the bottom of the screen. All you have to do is click ENABLE ALL PROTECTION, and that should take care of things.

Note: I use the Free version of SB, so I have to manually check for updates first before enabling the new stuff.

3. RR6

RR6 Registered Member

Thanks ky, and I had read that originally, before the unprotected items appeared. I'm not sure why or when they appeared tho.

I paid money yesterday, got the 4.6 version read all the info-- including what you mention above --then at some point I updated and went through whole process again and got version 5.0.

I think I tried some browsing then, did some email, reopened SWBlaster, and saw the 604 unprotected items. Search database and forum, and found recent others with similar circumstances.

So then i went and did what you suggest and of course it enabled protection for all of those. So I reported that to other in another thread.

So again, not sure if those appeared becuase of my browsing, or had something to do with updating from v4.6 to 5.0.

R6

4. ky331

ky331 Registered Member

Simply "browsing" should not change/disable any of SpywareBlaster's settings.

Since you have the paid version --- with automatic updating --- I don't know the details of how that works... whether it simply updates the database, but then requires you to separately enable the new protection... or whether the automatic update includes automatic enabling of the new entries. I hope someone else will be able to answer that.

The other post where you replied was talking about Google Chrome... which was only recently added to SpywareBlaster. So it's possible there may be some "quirk" yet to be fixed with it. But I don't believe the issue should apply to IE.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  5. RR6

RR6 Registered Member

Thanks again, ky, my questions are not regarding chrome and may remain insignificant in future if they don occur again. As I stated tho, others in another thread had same questions for over a month now with no response.

Probably whoever the authority is in these regards feels its they should not be concerned and eventually they will do what I did, and just select enable protection for all. Perhaps it was the 2nd time I had done that so that again, may add to others queries as to what, why how come etc....

SOunds like your using IE10 with no problems and I suspect that will be the case for me, once I do the update.

R6

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.