NEW ZA PRO VERSION

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by sir_carew, Dec 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

More information and the trial:
    http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/1026_trial/

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

See the direct links over in the update alerts thread for info on each version of Zone Alarm:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=18145

The early word on this latest release is that it seems to have cleared up a few issues. First they re-enabled the ability to set the update checks back to "manual" again. Second, there were problems with online gaming, which seems to be fixed now, and also what I think was an auto-dialing issue that is supposed to be fixed.

Basically, this was a bug-fix release following the first 4.5 release a month ago and by all reports it's much better. I'll probably put it on in a day or two myself.

3. Morgoth

Morgoth Guest

Has Zonelabs (finally) corrected that @%$# memory leak bug of theirs?

I'm somewhat pessimistic about that, for it would be too good to be true. This ZA mem issue has been lingering on for aeons now (in fact, since ZA was created) & they've done to correct to this day... :mad:

4. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hi,
    I upgrade from 530 to 538.
    The computer work quickly as can when all the services and programs are loaded into the memory, but when Windows recently start and you log-in, ZA pro take 50 seconds so so to start, like the earlie version 530.

5. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

My PC has been up for almost 20 hours with ZA Plus running. VSMON and ZLCLIENT combined are just about 15k. They were at the same when I first booted. Maybe a couple hundred increase from like 15,208 -> 15,338 . Its not enough for me to even notice as a leak :D

6. Morgoth

Morgoth Guest

Eliot:

I've heard that P2P apps such as eMule cause both vsmon AND emule to swell in RAM.

Try running the mule for 24 hours and then report the difference in vsmon & eMule RAM usage ;)

7. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

I don't do P2P actually. Sorry I can't help there. I just won't allow my system to be connected to the "pirate 2 pirate" grid :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.